Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs,
- 1/4 cup all-purpose white flour
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 4 celery stalks, cut in 1″ pieces
- 14 ounces low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- Cut chicken thighs into 1″ size pieces, Coat chicken with flour and add to slow cooker.,
- Add onion, carrots, celery and chicken broth.
- Cover with lid and cook on high setting for 4 hours.
- Stir in cream cheese and peas.
- Cover and cook for additional 30 minutes.
- Garnish with chives and serve.
- Serve with warmed bread or over steamed white rice.
- For a lower protein diet reduce portion to 1/2 cup (14 grams protein).
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Laurie from Califirnia.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 28 g
Carbohydrates 12 g
Fat 15 g
Cholesterol 97 mg
Sodium 240 mg
Potassium 490 mg
Phosphorus 206 mg
Calcium 65 mg
Fiber 4.1 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 3-1/2 meat
- 1/2 starch
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register