Slow Cooker Turkey Breast with Carrots & Cranberry Gravy
2-1/2 ounces turkey, 1/3 cup vegetables, 1/4 cup cranberry gravy
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1/3 cup celery
- 2 cups carrots
- 18 ounces boneless, skinless turkey breast
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup cranberry sauce
- Dice the onion. Slice the celery and carrots.
- Place the turkey breast in a slow cooker and sprinkle with poultry seasoning and bouillon granules.
- Spoon cranberry sauce on top; add the vegetables.
- Cover slow cooker with a lid, turn heat to high and cook for 4 hours.
- Remove turkey breast and slice. Serve with vegetables and cranberry gravy.
- Whole turkey breast may be substituted for boneless turkey.
- Spray slow cooker pot with nonstick cooking spray or use a slow cooker liner for easier cleanup.
- Frozen onion and carrots may be used instead of fresh vegetables.
- A very small portion of regular bouillon adds flavor. Portion control helps keep sodium content within the limits of a low-sodium diet.
- Serve with noodles, rolls, margarine and fruit salad.
Submitted by: Recipe created exclusively for DaVita.com by DaVita dietitian Sara, RD, CSR, CDE, from California.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 18 g
Carbohydrates 25 g
Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 36 mg
Sodium 183 mg
Potassium 373 mg
Phosphorus 187 mg
Calcium 43 mg
Fiber 2.4 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 2 meat
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- 1 high calorie
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register