- 5 pound turkey breast
- 1/3 cup pineapple topping
- 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Wash turkey breast and prepare for roasting.
- Place in a roasting pan, breast side up; cover and bake at 350° F for 1-1/2 hours (170° internal temperature using a meat thermometer).
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients and stir to blend.
- Remove turkey breast from oven and brush glaze over top.
- Return turkey to oven and cook uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Let turkey rest 15 minutes before slicing.
- Extra glaze can be served on the side as a dipping sauce.
- Glaze can also be used on chicken or pork chops.
- CKD non-dialysis: This higher protein recipe may be appropriate for your diet if the portion size is adjusted to reduce protein content. Adjustments should be based on your individual protein prescription. Check with your dietitian if you are unsure.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 24 g
Carbohydrates 5 g
Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 63 mg
Sodium 69 mg
Potassium 253 mg
Phosphorus 180 mg
Calcium 18 mg
Fiber 0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Maria from North Carolina.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register