- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 15 ounces canned pineapple chunks
- 15 ounces canned sliced peaches
- 1-1/2 cup maraschino cherries
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 12 lettuce leaves
- Mix sour cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla in a bowl.
- Drain pineapple, peaches and cherries. Add fruit and marshmallows to sour cream mixture. Gently mix.
- Let chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- If desired, serve on a lettuce leaf.
- Nutrient analysis based on drained fruit canned in syrup.
- To lower carbohydrate count, patients with diabetes may substitute fruit packed in juice and use low calorie sweetener. (126 calories, 24 grams carbohydrate per serving)
Nutrients per serving
Protein 1 g
Carbohydrates 32 g
Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 9 mg
Sodium 18 mg
Potassium 126 mg
Phosphorus 25 mg
Calcium 38 mg
Fiber 1.5 g
Added Sugar 18 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 fruit, low potassium
- 1 high calorie
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Mandy from Colorado.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register