1/12 of cake
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1 package angel food cake mix
- 8 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves
- 2 cups fat-free Reddi-Wip® dairy whipped topping
- Bake angel food cake according to package directions. Cool to room temperature.
- Beat whipped cream cheese and strawberry preserves until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
- Slice angel food cake into three, even horizontal layers.
- Spread 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture between layers and reassemble, spreading the remaining 1/3 cream cheese mixture on top.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- After baking invert angel food cake on a glass bottle to prevent cake from falling.
- Lower fat ingredients such as cream cheese, are often higher in sodium than the regular fat product. Compare labels and make the best selection for your individual diet.
- If Reddi-Wip® is a pressurized dessert whipped topping found in the dairy section in most grocery stores. If unavailable substitute any whipped topping that does not contain phosphate additives.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 5 g
Carbohydrates 42 g
Fat 10 g
Cholesterol 33 mg
Sodium 367 mg
Potassium 125 mg
Phosphorus 155 mg
Calcium 81 mg
Fiber 0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 1-1/2 high calorie
- 2 fat
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Lauren from Kentucky.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register