1 crepe with 1/4 cup apples, 1 tablespoon whipped topping
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
3 large apples
1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 8 crepes (see DaVita.com recipe for Basic Crepes)
- 8 tablespoons whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Peel, core and slice apples.
- Melt butter, pour over apples and toss to coat. Pour into an 8 x 8-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and brown sugar over apples and stir.
- Bake 30 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Prepare Basic Crepes recipe on DaVita.com.
- Place crepe on plate, browned side down.
- Spoon 1/4-cup apple mixture onto crepe.
- Roll crepe and top with a tablespoon of whipped topping.
- The carbohydrate count is 15 g when made with brown sugar.
- 3 large apples yields approximately 4 cups after sliced and peeled.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Carol from Delaware.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 3 g
Carbohydrates 21 g
Fat 11 g
Cholesterol 61 mg
Sodium 45 mg
Potassium 131 mg
Phosphorus 57 mg
Calcium 44 mg
Fiber 1.4 g
Added Sugar 4 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1/2 fruit, low potassium
- 1/2 starch
- 2 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register