- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 20 ounces canned crushed pineapple with juice
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons tapioca
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat over to 350°F.
- Empty crushed pineapple with juice into a bowl.
- Beat 2 eggs well and add to crushed pineapple.
- Add sugar, tapioca, and salt to pineapple egg mixture.
- Pour mixture into 8 x 8-inch baking dish.
- Slice butter and place on top of pineapple mixture. Sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Serve hot or chilled.
- Add maraschino cherries for color.
- For a diabetes-friendly version substitute Splenda granular sweetener® for sugar to reduce to 17 grams carbohydrate and one Carbohydrate Choices.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Wendy from Ohio.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 2 g
Carbohydrates 54 g
Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 58 mg
Sodium 50 mg
Potassium 85 mg
Phosphorus 26 mg
Calcium 9 mg
Fiber 0.6 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 fruit, low potassium
- 1 fat
- 2 high calorie
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register