- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 12 ounces vanilla wafers
- 2 boxes Jell-O Cook and Serve® banana cream pudding mix (3.5 ounce boxes)
- 2-1/2 cups unenriched rice milk
- 8 ounces dairy whipped topping
- Line bottom of a 9” x 13” pan with vanilla wafers.
- In a medium saucepan mix 2 boxes banana pudding mix with 2-1/2 cups rice milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Pour pudding mixture over vanilla wafers
- Put second layer of vanilla wafers over first, pressing each one down gently.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour. Spread whipped topping over top of chilled dessert.
- Return to refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Substitute sugar-free pudding mix to reduce carbohydrate content to 32 grams and 2 carbohydrate choices.
- If you are not on a potassium restricted diet, top vanilla wafers with a layer of sliced bananas.
- Check whipped topping ingredients and choose a brand that does not contain phosphate additives.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 3 g
Carbohydrates 46 g
Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 3 mg
Sodium 276 mg
Potassium 52 mg
Phosphorus 40 mg
Calcium 9 mg
Fiber 0.3 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 1 milk substitute
- 1 high calorie
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Kathleen from Illinois.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register