- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 2 packets unflavored gelatin mix
- 1/2 cup blueberry juice
- 1-1/2 cups hot water
- 20 ounces canned crushed pineapple
- 21 ounces blueberry pie filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine gelatin, blueberry juice and hot water, stirring until dissolved.
- Drain pineapple and stir into gelatin mixture; add blueberry pie filling and stir. Pour mixture into a gelatin mold and chill in refrigerator until firm.
- Cream together cream cheese and sugar. Beat in sour cream and vanilla.
- When gelatin is firm, invert on serving plate.
- Spread cream cheese mixture across the top of gelatin.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- If a gelatin mold is not available, a 9 "x 13" pan can be used instead. Spread cream cheese mixture on top of congealed gelatin.
- Most brands of flavored gelatin contain phosphate additives.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Christine from Kansas.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 2 g
Carbohydrates 31 g
Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 23 mg
Sodium 68 mg
Potassium 131 mg
Phosphorus 37 mg
Calcium 44 mg
Fiber 1.3 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 fruit, low potassium
- 1-1/2 fat
- 1 high calorie
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register