Blueberry Cream Cones
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1-1/2 cup whipped topping
- 1-1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup blueberry jam or preserves
- 6 small ice cream cones
- Soften cream cheese. Place in a bowl and beat with a mixer on high until smooth and fluffy.
- Fold fruit and jam or preserves and whipped topping into the cream cheese.
- Fill cones, and chill in the freezer until ready to serve.
- Use sugar-free or fat-free whipped topping, low fat cream cheese and sugar-free jelly to reduce sugar and fat.
- Comet® cones, 4-1/2 grams each, were used in the nutritional analysis . If sugar cones or wafer cones are used, the calories, carbohydrate and sodium may be higher.
- Change the flavor of the cones by using a different type of berry and jam, such as raspberries or strawberries.
- If frozen blueberries are used, thaw before adding to the cream cheese and whipped topping.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Donna from California.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 3 g
Carbohydrates 21 g
Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 21 mg
Sodium 95 mg
Potassium 81 mg
Phosphorus 40 mg
Calcium 24 mg
Fiber 1.0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1/2 fruit, low potassium
- 2 fat
- 1/2 high calorie
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register