Carrot Cake Cookies
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 medium carrots (3/4 cups grated)
- 1 /2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup raisins
- Set butter out to soften. Finely grate the carrots.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Using a mixer, beat sugar and butter until fluffy. Mix in eggs and vanilla and continue beating to combine.
- Add flour mixture to wet mixture and beat until blended.
- Stir in rolled oats, raisins and carrots. Cover bowl and chill dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Scoop 1/2 tablespoon size balls of dough onto cookie sheets leaving 1 to 2 inches between cookies.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned.
- Remove from cookie sheet to cool on a rack.
- Top each cookie with a tablespoon of Jessica’s Cream Cheese Frosting for extra sweetness.
- Make a double batch to share or take to special events.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Jessica from Michigan.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 3 g
Carbohydrates 26 g
Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 24 mg
Sodium 59 mg
Potassium 96 mg
Phosphorus 68 mg
Calcium 26 mg
Fiber 1.4 g
Added Sugar 12 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 1/2 high-calorie
- 1 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register