Cherry Sweetheart Dessert
1/10 of pie
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 small package sugar-free cherry gelatin
- 1 pie crust, 9-inch size
- 8 ounces light cream cheese
- 12 ounces light frozen dessert whipped topping
- 20 ounces no-sugar-added cherry pie filling
- Prepare the diet cherry gelatin according to cooking instructions on the box and pour into an 8” x 8” pan and place in refrigerator to set.
- Set cream cheese out to soften. Bake the pie crust and let cool.
- Beat softened cream cheese until smooth and then fold in the whipped topping.
- Cut set gelatin into cubes and fold into the whipped topping mixture. Pour into baked pie crust.
- Spoon cherry filling evenly over the gelatin mixture.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours before serving.
- Prepare gelatin first, bake pie crust second and then take cream cheese out of refrigerator to soften.
- Take whipped topping out of freezer for about an hour before folding into cream cheese.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Elaine from Nevada.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 5 g
Carbohydrates 28 g
Fat 13 g
Cholesterol 11 mg
Sodium 214 mg
Potassium 150 mg
Phosphorus 50 mg
Calcium 30 mg
Fiber 1.0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 1/2 fruit, low potassium
- 1/2 high calorie
- 3 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register