- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- Jell-O® Instant Vanilla Pudding mix (5.1-ounces)
- 1 cup soy milk
- 4 cups Reddi-Wip® dairy dessert topping
- 20 ounces canned pineapple tidbits, packed in juice
- 21 ounces canned light mandarin oranges
- 12 ounces vanilla wafers
- In large bowl, combine instant vanilla pudding and soy milk. Mix well.
- Fold whipped topping gently into pudding.
- Fold fruit into pudding mixture.
- Place vanilla wafers in large zip-lock bag and crush with a rolling pin or mallet.
- Fold 3/4 of the crushed wafers into pudding mixture.
- Top pudding with remaining wafer crumbs.
- Refrigerate overnight or for 2 to 3 hours before serving.
- This dessert looks pretty in a glass bowl.
- Some pudding mixes contain phosphate additives and may not be recommended, especially if phosphorus control is an issue. Check labels and ingredients. Speak to your dietitian if you have questions.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Carrie from Ohio.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 2 g
Carbohydrates 45 g
Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 13 mg
Sodium 286 mg
Potassium 130 mg
Phosphorus 114 mg
Calcium 28 mg
Fiber 1.2 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 1 fruit
- 1 fat
- 1 high calorie
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register