1 peach half with 1/3 cup gelatin
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 30 ounces peach halves canned in juice
- 6 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 2 packages Knox® gelatin
- 3 cups diet cran-cherry juice
- Drain peaches in a strainer for 15 minutes. Reserve the juice.
- Place in a 9” x 13” pan with pit-sides of peaches facing up.
- Place 1 tablespoon cream cheese into the pit-hollow of each peach.
- Sprinkle 2 packages of unflavored gelatin over the reserved peach juice. Let stand to soften (per package directions).
- Heat the diet cran-cherry juice to a boil and pour into peach juice mixture. Stir to dissolve. Allow to cool then pour over peaches.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Use regular cran-cherry juice and regular cream cheese if you need extra calories.
- Canned pears can be substituted for canned peaches.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 2 g
Carbohydrates 15 g
Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 8 mg
Sodium 66 mg
Potassium 84 mg
Phosphorus 22 mg
Calcium 26 mg
Fiber 1 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1/2 fruit, medium potassium
- 1/2 dairy
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Kristin from Ohio.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register