Cupid’s Cherry Cheesecake
- CKD non-dialysis
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg white
- 1 ready-made 9” graham cracker pie crust
- 1 cup no-sugar-added cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 300° F. Set cream cheese out to soften.
- Beat softened cream cheese, sugar and extract with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until well-blended. Add whole eggs and egg whites, one at a time.
- Pour into a ready-made graham cracker pie crust.
- Bake 55 minutes to 1 hour or until center is almost set.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Cut into 8 wedges and top each piece with 2 tablespoons of no sugar added cherry pie filling.
- This high calorie dessert is for special occasions.
- For persons with diabetes you can use Splenda® sweetener and low-fat cream cheese to reduce calories, carbohydrate and fat. (calories = 282, carbs = 25 g, fat = 15 g). Carbohydrate choices decrease to 1-1/2.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Tammy from Texas.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 7 g
Carbohydrates 36 g
Fat 25 g
Cholesterol 98 mg
Sodium 333 mg
Potassium 128 mg
Phosphorus 81 mg
Calcium 63 mg
Fiber 1.1 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1/2 meat
- 1 starch
- 1 high calorie
- 4 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register