1 dessert cup
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 4 sheets phyllo pastry dough, 14" x 18"
- nonstick cooking spray, butter flavored
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 3 cups Cool Whip® frozen dessert topping
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Spray 12-cup muffin pan with butter flavored Pam® cooking spray.
- Layer 4 sheets of phyllo dough together, lightly spraying with cooking spray between each layer. Cut phyllo dough into 3-1/2" squares and place in muffin pan to make dessert cups.
- Place muffin pan in oven and bake 10-12 minutes or until phyllo cups are lightly browned. Cool to room temperature.
- When ready to serve, fill each phyllo dessert cup with 1/3 cup fresh berries. Top with 1/4 cup Cool Whip dessert topping.
- If fresh berries are unavailable, use unsweetened frozen berries instead.
- Sweeten fruit with sugar or sugar substitute, if more sweetness is desired.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 2 g
Carbohydrates 18 g
Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 51 mg
Potassium 83 mg
Phosphorus 14 mg
Calcium 19 mg
Fiber 2.6 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 fruit, low potassium
- 1 fat
Submitted by: DaVita People Services teammates Kriss and Moira from California.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register