Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 Nabisco® ‘Nilla® wafer crumb 9" pie crust
- 1 egg white
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 8 tablespoons frozen dessert topping
- Preheat over to 375º F. Brush pie crust with egg white and bake for 5 minutes. Reduce oven heat to 350º F.
- Combine softened cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat with mixer at high speed until smooth.
- Beat in egg substitute. Add pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice and blend until smooth.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into pie shell and bake 40 to 50 minutes until center is set. Cool pie, then refrigerate.
- Cut into 8 slices. Serve each slice with 1 tablespoon desssert topping.
- Pumpkin is high in potassium but the amount of potassium for one piece of cheesecake is only 126 mg since only 1/2 cup pumpkin is used in the recipe.
Submitted by: the DaVita dietitian team.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 6 g
Carbohydrates 29 g
Fat 25 g
Cholesterol 58 mg
Sodium 245 mg
Potassium 126 mg
Phosphorus 66 mg
Calcium 11 mg
Fiber 0.7 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 2 starch
- 1 milk
- 3 fat
- 1 high-calorie
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register