- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1/3 cup Splenda® No Calorie sweetener granulated
- 1-1/4 cups self-rising white flour
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Splenda® brown sugar blend
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Mix Splenda®, 1 cup flour and nutmeg.
- Add milk, egg and applesauce. Mix well.
- Pour batter into a 9” x 9” greased baking dish.
- In a small bowl mix 1/4 cup flour, cinnamon, brown sugar Splenda® and melted margarine.
- Spoon topping over batter.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Substitute unenriched rice milk for low-fat milk if desired.
- Self-rising flour contains salt and baking powder. To make your own add 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder to each cup of all purpose flour.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Suzette from Louisiana.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 2 g
Carbohydrates 13 g
Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 18 mg
Sodium 175 mg
Potassium 47 mg
Phosphorus 95 mg
Calcium 60 mg
Fiber 0.4 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 1/2 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register