- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 3 ounces cherry gelatin mix
- 2 cups boiling water
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 12 ounces canned jellied cranberry sauce
- 12 ounces nondairy whipped topping
- Dissolve gelatin mix into 1 cup of boiling water. Set aside to cool.
- Dissolve sugar in a separate cup of boiling water.
- Add fresh cranberries, and boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove cranberries from heat, and add jellied cranberry sauce. Whisk until everything is mixed well, and the jellied sauce has broken up into little chunks.
- Add cooled gelatin mixture and whipped topping.
- Whisk until topping is evenly distributed throughout sauce.
- Remove from heat and freeze for at least one hour or until ready to serve.
- Serve cold.
- This is a nice substitute for ice cream. To serve, it is easiest to use an ice cream scoop.
- Substitute 1/4 cup Splenda ® Sugar Blend for baking for sugar to reduce carbohydrate content. If made with sugar-free gelatin and Splenda, carbohydrate is reduced to 24 grams.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 1 g
Carbohydrates 35 g
Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 35 mg
Potassium 31 mg
Phosphorus 12 mg
Calcium 4 mg
Fiber 1.5 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 fruit, low potassium
- 1 fat
- 1 high calorie
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Karla from Kansas.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register