1/12 of 12-inch pizza
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1 medium apple
- 2-1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 20 grapes
- 4 medium strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 roll frozen sugar cookie dough
- 12 ounces whipped cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Core and thinly slice apple. Combine apple slices and 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice. Cut grapes in half and slice strawberries.
- Cook sugar, pineapple juice, remaining lemon juice, and cornstarch over medium heat until thickened.
- Slice cookie dough in 1/4" slices. Place close together on pizza pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake as directed on package or at 325° F until brown. Set aside to cool completely.
- Spread cream cheese on cooled cookie crust.
- Arrange fruit slices on top of cream cheese. Use your imagination to create a masterpiece!
- Pour cooled pineapple glaze over the fruit and refrigerate several hours before serving.
- Other fruit such as blueberries, pears, raspberries can be substituted for the apple, grapes and strawberries.
- For people with diabetes substitute Splenda® granular sweetener for sugar to reduce carbohydrate to 28 grams, 2 carbohydrate choices. Reducing the portion size also helps lower carbohydrate content.
- Instead of making one large pizza, make individual small fruit pizzas. Separate the cookie slices farther apart on a baking pan to bake individual cookies. Top each with the fruit and glaze.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Susann from North Carolina.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 3 g
Carbohydrates 42 g
Fat 17 g
Cholesterol 35 mg
Sodium 214 mg
Potassium 163 mg
Phosphorus 100 mg
Calcium 36 mg
Fiber 0.9 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1/2 starch
- 1/2 fruit , low potassium
- 2 fat
- 1-1/2 high calorie
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register