- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 2 cups all-purpose white flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- Sift the flour, baking soda, cloves, ginger and cinnamon together.
- Cream softened butter with a mixer until light and fluffy; gradually add sugar.
- Blend in the egg and molasses.
- Add the flour mixture a small amount at a time, until a dough forms.
- Cover and refrigerate dough for 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350˚ F.
- Form dough into balls (heaping teaspoon size) and place 2-inches apart on a greased cookie sheet, flattening each ball slightly.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Makes 4 dozen cookies.
- Store in a covered container.
- Gingersnap Cookies are a yummy kitchen gift during the holidays--or anytime!
Submitted by: Recipe created by Michele wife of DaVita patient Charlie and submitted by DaVita dietitian Maria from North Carolina.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 1 g
Carbohydrates 17 g
Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 20 mg
Sodium 162 mg
Potassium 40 mg
Phosphorus 14 mg
Calcium 9 mg
Fiber 0.3 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 1/2 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register