- Lower Protein
- 2 cups cranberry-cherry juice
- 2 packets Knox® unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 packet Dream Whip® whipped topping mix
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Boil the cranberry-cherry juice. Add unflavored gelatin and whisk to dissolve. Pour into an 8” x 8” pan. Put in refrigerator until set. Cut into 64 pieces. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine protein powder, Dream Whip®, milk, and vanilla extract. Beat with a hand-mixer on high until soft peaks form, about 3-4 minutes.
- Use a spatula to remove the gelatin cubes from the pan and put into the whipped topping. Gently fold gelatin cubes into the whipped topping. Serve and enjoy.
- If you need to follow a lower protein meal plan, omit the protein powder.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 8 g
Carbohydrates 24 g
Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 2 mg
Sodium 58 mg
Potassium 85 mg
Phosphorus 63 mg
Calcium 53 mg
Fiber 0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 meat
- 1/2 fat
- 1 high calorie
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Amy from Florida.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register