Halloween Delight Cake
1/12 of cake
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1 large angel food cake
- 2 small boxes sugar-free orange gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 6 ounces canned frozen lemonade concentrate
- 12 ounces frozen whipped dessert topping
- Set whipped topping out to thaw.
- Cut angel food cake into 1-inch pieces and place in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Place gelatin mix in a mixing bowl and add boiling water. Stir until gelatin is dissolved. Add frozen lemonade concentrate and let set until mixture thickens slightly and becomes syrupy.
- Fold in 1/2 of the whipped topping. Pour gelatin mixture over angel food cake and stir until mixed well.
- Spread cake mixture evenly in a 9" x 13" glass pan and refrigerate overnight until set.
- Spread remaining whipped topping over cake and serve.
- Change flavor and color of gelatin to match your favorite holiday theme.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Judy from Kansas.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 3 g
Carbohydrates 50 g
Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 234 mg
Potassium 107 mg
Phosphorus 65 mg
Calcium 42 mg
Fiber 0.5 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 2 high calorie
- 1 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register