High Protein Fruit Dip
- CKD non-dialysis
- 8 ounces strawberry cream cheese
- 7 ounces marshmallow cream
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- 2 scoops whey protein powder
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve this dip with low potassium fruits such as apples, pineapple or grapes. May also serve with vanilla wafers or graham crackers, if desired.
- Some whipped toppings have phosphorus additives. Look in the ingredients list to be sure phosphorus is not added.
- Protein powder can vary in protein, potassium, phosphorus and sodium. You may talk to your dietitian to see which one would be appropriate for you.
- One and a half cups of whipped topping equals about 4 ounces.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Toni from North Carolina.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 2 g
Carbohydrates 8 g
Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 14 mg
Sodium 52 mg
Potassium 25 mg
Phosphorus 16 mg
Calcium 15 mg
Fiber 0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 fat
- 1/2 high calorie
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register