2 small cookies or 1 large cookie
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 2 cups Truwhip® or Cool Whip® frozen dessert topping
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Thaw frozen dessert topping.
- Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl combine cake mix, dessert topping, egg and vanilla.
- Drop one heaping teaspoon of dough into bowl of powdered sugar and coat. (It is not necessary to make dough into balls.) For larger cookies drop dough by tablespoon instead of teaspoon.
- Drop powdered sugar coated dough onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Let cookies cool for 2 minutes before removing from the baking sheet.
- Cookies may not appear fully cooked after 10 minutes, but they are ready to remove from oven.
- Makes 64 small cookies (teaspoon) or 32 large cookies (tablespoon).
- Truwhip® is a frozen dessert topping that does not contain phosphate additives.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Fay in Missouri and provided to her by her patient, David.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 1 g
Carbohydrates 15 g
Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 7 mg
Sodium 107 mg
Potassium 10 mg
Phosphorus 50 mg
Calcium 23 mg
Fiber 0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register