Lemon Icebox Pie
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 small packet Knox® unflavored gelatin
- 8 ounces light sour cream
- 2-1/2 cups fat-free Reddi-Wip® dairy whipped topping
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup granulsted sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 6 drops yellow food coloring
- 1 graham cracker pie crust, 9" size
- Dissolve gelatin in 1/2 cup boiling water. Let stand about five minutes.
- Combine sour cream, 2 cups whipped topping, lemon juice, sugar, lemon extract and food coloring. Stir to combine. Add the dissolved gelatin and stir.
- Pour mixture into the pie shell. Chill in refrigerator until set.
- When ready to serve, cut into slices and top each piece with 1 tablespoon whipped topping.
- If desired you can freeze this pie and serve as a frozen dessert. Thaw for 15-20 minutes before serving.
- Need extra calories? Use regular gelatin, sour cream and whipped topping instead of lower fat products.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Dora from Texas.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 4 g
Carbohydrates 35 g
Fat 11 g
Cholesterol 13 mg
Sodium 210 mg
Potassium 116 mg
Phosphorus 54 mg
Calcium 68 mg
Fiber 0.5 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 2 fat
- 1 high calorie
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register