- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose white flour
- 1 tablespoon green-colored sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioner’s sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in peppermint extract. Gradually add flour and mix well.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into balls. Place one-inch apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten with bottom of a drinking glass.
- Sprinkle with green-colored sugar.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Change the colored sugar to match different holidays.
- Store in a covered container.
- Limit portion as these cookies are very rich in fat.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 1 g
Carbohydrates 14 g
Fat 11 g
Cholesterol 29 mg
Sodium 2 mg
Potassium 17 mg
Phosphorus 16 mg
Calcium 5 mg
Fiber 0.3 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 2 fat
Submitted by: Recipe modified from “Taste of Home” magazine website and submitted by DaVita dietitian Cheryl from Pennsylvania.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register