Lucky Shamrock Creamy Pineapple Dessert
- CKD non-dialysis
- 16 ounces cottage cheese, 4% milk fat
- 15 ounces crushed pineapple canned in juice
- 8 ounces low-fat frozen whipped topping
- 1/2 teaspoon green food coloring (optional)
- Thaw whipped topping.
- Drain the juice from crushed pineapple.
- In a medium bowl mix the cottage cheese and crushed pineapple together.
- Gently fold in the whipped topping and green food coloring until mixed well.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve as a festive Saint Patrick’s Day dessert, garnish the top with a dash of green sprinkles or colored sugar.
- For other holidays change the food coloring and garnish colors.
- This is a tasty way to boost high quality protein intake.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Judy from Pennsylvania.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 10 g
Carbohydrates 23 g
Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 13 mg
Sodium 303 mg
Potassium 203 mg
Phosphorus 152 mg
Calcium 100 mg
Fiber 0.6 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1-1/2 meat
- 1 fruit, low potassium
- 1/2 high calorie
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register