No-Bake Cream Cheese Mint Cookies
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
4 ounces cream cheese
1/8 teaspoon mint extract
4 cups powdered sugar
1 tablespoon milk
1/4 cup holiday sprinkles
1/3 cup granulated sugar
- Set cream cheese out to soften.
- Using a mixer on low speed, combine cream cheese and mint extract.
- Mix in 2 cups of the powdered sugar until smooth
- Add 1 additional cup of powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons of the sprinkles. Mix on low speed until blended
- Fold in remaining cup of powdered sugar until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine granulated sugar and remaining holiday sprinkles.
- Shape dough into 3/4-inch balls and roll in sugar and sprinkles mixture.
- Place balls on a baking sheet and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove from fridge and gently flatten balls with a fork.
- Store in an airtight container in fridge until ready to serve.
- Use colored granulated sugar for even more color.
- Increase mint extract to 1/4 teaspoon for a stronger mint flavor.
- Try chocolate sprinkles for a mint-chocolate flavor.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Tara from Michigan
Nutrients per serving
Protein 0 g
Carbohydrates 25 g
Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 5 mg
Sodium 16 mg
Potassium 8 mg
Phosphorus 6 mg
Calcium 6 mg
Fiber 0 g
Added Sugar 22 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1-1/2 high-calorie
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register