1/12 of cake
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose white flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups fresh plums, pitted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 12 tablespoons whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Set butter out to soften.
- Cut each plum into 8 pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and 12 tablespoons (3/4 cup) sugar. Beat in the eggs, vanilla and lemon juice and mix well.
- Stir together the flour and baking soda. Mix dry ingredients into the creamed mixture.
- Spoon batter into a greased 8” or 9” baking pan. Place the plum slices on top, skin sides down.
- Combine cinnamon with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar. Sprinkle mixture over the top of cake.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Remove cake from the oven and let cool for 10 to 15 minutes. Loosen around the edges and remove from pan, turning twice so the plum side faces up.
- Top with whipped cream. Serve warm or cold.
- Recipe analysis includes salted butter. Substitute a trans-fat free margarine of desired.
- Save some for later. This cake freezes well.
- Four large plums will yield approximately 1-1/2 cups.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 2 g
Carbohydrates 25 g
Fat 10 g
Cholesterol 57 mg
Sodium 96 mg
Potassium 58 mg
Phosphorus 30 mg
Calcium 13 mg
Fiber 0.6 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 1/2 fruit
- 2 fat
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Susan from Oklahoma.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register