- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1 cup almond milk (original flavor)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup Splenda® No Calorie Sweetener, granulated
- 20 ounces canned peach pie filling
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In large bowl, mix almond milk, flour, baking powder and Splenda® (or sugar) until smooth. Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe dish, melt butter and pour into 9” x 13” baking dish.
- Add milk mixture directly on top of melted butter in baking dish.
- Open pie filling and scoop heaping spoonfuls onto the mixture in the baking dish, placing filling randomly across the mixture.
- Sprinkle ground cinnamon on top of cobbler.
- Bake for approximately 40 to 45 minutes or until crust is brown and fluffy.
- For a different flavor, substitute your favorite renal-friendly, low-potassium fruit pie filling.
- Along with the cinnamon, you can also sprinkle additional Splenda® or sugar on the top of the cobbler prior to baking.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Tori from Louisiana.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 1 g
Carbohydrates 23 g
Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 15 mg
Sodium 97 mg
Potassium 45 mg
Phosphorus 31 mg
Calcium 78 mg
Fiber 1.0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1/2 fruit, medium potassium
- 1 fat
- 1/2 high calorie
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register