- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 4 cups fresh peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose white flour
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1-1/4 cup whipped topping (optional)
- mint leaves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Spray a 9” x 9” baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Mix peaches with lemon juice and granulated sugar or Splenda® granular sweetener. Pour into baking dish.
- Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon in a bowl. Cut in margarine with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over peaches.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, until fruit is soft and crumbs are brown. Serve warm or at room temperature. Garnish with two tablespoons nondairy whipped topping and a mint leaf.
- If fresh peaches are unavailable, use canned or frozen sliced peaches.
- 2 medium peaches yield approximately 1 cup when peeled and sliced.
- If made with Splenda No Calorie Sweetener granular and Splenda brown sugar blend, calories decrease to 247 and 32 g carbohydrate. Count as 2 carbohydrate choices.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 2 g
Carbohydrates 42 g
Fat 11 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 112 mg
Potassium 212 mg
Phosphorus 37 mg
Calcium 24 mg
Fiber 1.5 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 fruit, medium potassium
- 1 starch
- 2 fat
- 1 high calorie
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Mary from Georgia.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register