1 piece or 1/8 pie
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup juice-packed peaches
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1 envelope unflavored Knox® gelatin
- 1 graham cracker pie crust, 10” size
- Gradually beat sugar into softened cream cheese until smooth. Set aside.
- With a chilled bowl and chilled beaters, use a hand-mixer to whip the heavy cream until firm peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture.
- Drain peaches, measure 1 cup and puree in food processor or blender. Add fruit puree to cream cheese mixture and mix well.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water and stir it well for one to two minutes to cool.
- Add gelatin to fruit and cream cheese mixture. Mix well then pour filling into the pie shell.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours to set before serving.
- To make your own crust see DaVita.com recipe for Graham Cracker Crust.
- For a lower carbohydrate version, substitute Equal®, Splenda® sweetener or other sugar substitute for the sugar. Carbohydrate is reduced to 5 grams per serving.
- To reduce fat, use low-fat or fat-free cream cheese.
- Fruit option: use one cup of mango pulp available in Asian grocery stores. Reduce sugar to 1/4 cup with mango pulp since it is sweetened.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 4 g
Carbohydrates 28 g
Fat 21 g
Cholesterol 52 mg
Sodium 220 mg
Potassium 116 mg
Phosphorus 71 mg
Calcium 46 mg
Fiber 1.0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1/2 starch
- 1 milk
- 3 fat
- 1/2 high calorie
Submitted by: Created by DaVita patient Ursa and submitted by DaVita dietitian Shawna from California.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register