Pineapple Non-Dairy “Ice Cream” Treats
1 treat; 2-1/4” square
- Lower Protein
20 ounce can crushed pineapple, well drained
4 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
16 ounce container lite whipped topping
36 graham cracker squares
- Mix drained pineapple and protein powder well, fold in the whipped topping.
- Place a single layer of graham cracker squares on a cookie sheet and spread about 2 tablespoons topping mixture on each cracker.
- Place another graham cracker square on top and place cookie sheet in the freezer.
- When well frozen, wrap individually in plastic wrap and store them in an airtight container in the freezer.
- Some whipped toppings have phosphorus additives. Look at the ingredients list to be sure phosphorus is not added.
- A 14.4 ounce box of graham crackers contains about 27 rectangle sheets.
- Protein powder can vary in protein, potassium, phosphorus and sodium. You may talk to your dietitian to see which one would be appropriate for you.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Kimberly from Kentucky.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 5 g
Carbohydrates 22 g
Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 9 mg
Sodium 99 mg
Potassium 105 mg
Phosphorus 55 mg
Calcium 44 mg
Fiber 0.8 g
Added Sugar 8 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register