Pineapple Rum Crème Cake
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1 angel food cake, 10-inch diameter
- 16 ounces Cool Whip® frozen dessert topping
- 4-1/2 ounces rum
- 1-1/2 cups crushed pineapple in heavy syrup
- Thaw Cool Whip®. Slice cake into 3 even slices lengthwise and place bottom piece on a cake plate.
- Using a teaspoon, sprinkle 1/3 of rum over cake. Spread 1 cup Cool Whip over cake, followed by 3/4 cup pineapple and syrup.
- Top with middle cake slice and repeat step 2 above.
- Place third cake slice on top, repeat rum and spread remaining Cool Whip over cake to cover.
- Chill well before serving.
- Slice into 12 portions.
- Refrigerate Cool Whip® to thaw before preparing recipe
- Include some heavy syrup with pineapple to moisten the cake.
- Due to high carbohydrate content, half portion is recommended if you have diabetes.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Peggy from Florida.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 4 g
Carbohydrates 42 g
Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 99 mg
Potassium 142 mg
Phosphorus 15 mg
Calcium 3 mg
Fiber 1.0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 high calorie
- 1 fruit
- 1 starch
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register