- 3 ounce-box cook and serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 2/3 cup almond milk, unenriched
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 scoop whey protein powder
- In a medium sauce pan combine the pudding mix and almond milk.
- Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Stir until pudding thickens.
- Remove from heat and mix in protein powder and pumpkin pie spice. Mix completely.
- Place plastic wrap directly on surface of pudding and cool in fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight. Pudding will thicken as it cools.
- Stir before serving chilled pudding.
- Change flavor of pudding mix for variety.
- The addition of whey protein powder makes the protein content similar to pudding made with milk.
- Protein powders vary in scoop size and amount of protein. Analysis uses EAS whey protein powder.
- Do not substitute instant pudding mix. It is very high in sodium.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Julia from Pennsylvania.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 4 g
Carbohydrates 22 g
Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 10 mg
Sodium 210 mg
Potassium 105 mg
Phosphorus 22 mg
Calcium 141 mg
Fiber 0.6 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 1/2 milk substitute
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register