Red, White and Blue Pie
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 8 ounces whipped low-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup low-sugar red raspberry preserves
- 3 cups Reddi-Wip® dairy whipped topping
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust, 9" size
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- To make filling, beat whipped cream cheese and preserves until smooth with an electric mixer on medium speed.
- Fold whipped topping into cream cheese mixture.
- Spread filling evenly over the bottom of the graham cracker crust.
- Chill at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Before serving arrange blueberries around outer ring of pie. Layer raspberries around inner ring of pie.
- Finish decorating with a dollop of whipped topping in the center and a raspberry or strawberry on top.
- Portion leftover pie into single servings, wrap and freeze for a quick dessert later.
- For variety make pie with different fresh fruits and preserves. Try strawberries, peaches, pineapple or mandarin oranges.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Heather from Missouri.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 4 g
Carbohydrates 35 g
Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 19 mg
Sodium 220 mg
Potassium 162 mg
Phosphorus 91 mg
Calcium 75 mg
Fiber 2.6 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1/2 starch
- 1/2 fruit, low potassium
- 1 milk
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register