Slow Cooker Mixed Fruit Pudding
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 4 slices white bread
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 15 ounces canned chunky mixed fruit, canned in fruit juice
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup rice milk, Rice Dream® original, unenriched
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Cut bread into cubes and place in slow cooker. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Drain juice from fruit, reserving in a separate bowl. Add fruit to slow cooker.
- In a mixing bowl whisk melted butter, rice milk, drained juice, eggs and brown sugar until combined. Pour mixture over bread and fruit.
- Cover with lid and cook on high setting for 2 hours.
- Use day old bread for best results.
Submitted by: Recipe created exclusively for DaVita.com by DaVita dietitian Sara, RD, CSR, CDE, from California.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 4 g
Carbohydrates 31 g
Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 87 mg
Sodium 137 mg
Potassium 185 mg
Phosphorus 66 mg
Calcium 53 mg
Fiber 1.6 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1/2 meat
- 1 starch
- 1 fruit
- 1 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register