- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 3 cups fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Splenda® No Calorie Sweetener, granular
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Wash strawberries with hulls (otherwise, water will seep into middle part causing strawberries to become soggy).
- Take off hulls with paring knife.
- Cut strawberries into halves.
- Place strawberries in a bowl and drizzle with vinegar, and sprinkle with Splenda®.
- Stir gently to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for a few hours, preferably over night.
- Just before serving grind pepper over strawberries.
- Take strawberries out of refrigerator 10 minutes before serving to take away the chill.
- Can be served as a topping on angel food cake.
- If desired, use sugar or other tabletop sweeteners instead of Splenda®.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 1 g
Carbohydrates 10 g
Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3 mg
Potassium 185 mg
Phosphorus 28 mg
Calcium 21 mg
Fiber 2.2 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 fruit, medium potassium
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Sandee from California.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register