Strawberry Fluff Cake
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1 angel food cake, prepared
- 1 small box sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 10 ounces sliced frozen strawberries (no sugar added)
- 8 ounces Cool Whip® frozen dessert topping
- Thaw strawberries and Cool Whip.
- Cut cake horizontally into thirds (two cuts).
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk gelatin mix with 1 cup boiling water. Stir-in strawberries.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours until gelatin mixture is partially congealed.
- Stir Cool Whip into gelatin mixture, and then spread mixture between the two layers of cake.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat.
- Purchase a baked angel food cake or make your own from a boxed mix or homemade recipe.
- Substitute 1 pint fresh, sliced strawberries instead of frozen if desired.
- Use dental floss to cut the angel food cake into layers. Anchor the floss into the top third of the cake and pull it through the cake on both sides to evenly cut the first layer, and then repeat with the second layer.
Submitted by: Recipe from DaVita dialysis patient Dave, modified and submitted by DaVita dietitian Karla from Kansas.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 3 g
Carbohydrates 37 g
Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 178 mg
Potassium 115 mg
Phosphorus 110 mg
Calcium 44 mg
Fiber 0.6 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 1/2 fruit
- 1 non-dairy
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
12 muffins SERVINGS
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register