- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2-1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons whipped dessert topping
- Crush strawberries.
- Bring water to a boil. Stir in sugar. Drop crushed strawberries into boiling sugar water and bring to a gentle simmer. Add lemon juice and lemon zest. Stir as the mixture simmers for 3 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch in a small amount of cold water and stir into strawberries. Stir and cook until mixture thickens, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Divide mixture into 6 dessert dishes and cool in refrigerator.
- Top each serving with 1 tablespoon whipped topping and serve.
- Fresh of frozen strawberries work well in this recipe.
- Replace sugar with Splenda® No Calorie Sweetener or other sugar substitute to reduce carbohydrate.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 0 g
Carbohydrates 24 g
Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2 mg
Potassium 87 mg
Phosphorus 10 mg
Calcium 9 mg
Fiber 1.2 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 fruit, low potassium
- 1 high calorie
Submitted by: Recipe from "Cooking for David: A Culinary Dialysis Cookbook" by Sara Colman, RD, CSR, CDE and Dorothy Gordon, RN. Submitted by Davita dietitian Sara from California.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register