- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- Heart Healthy
- 1/2 cup strawberry-flavored cream cheese
- 24 large strawberries
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- Set cream cheese out to soften. Rinse and remove stems from strawberries.
- Place point down side up on a cutting board and cut a deep “x” in the top of each strawberry. Carefully spread berries apart.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth.
- Pipe or spoon filling into each berry.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Try stuffed strawberries at your next party or potluck. Your guests are sure to love this one.
- Strawberries are a very low carbohydrate fruit. That’s why 4 large strawberries are counted as only 1/2 carbohydrate choice and only 1/2 serving of fruit.
- One large strawberry is 1-3/8” diameter, not to be confused with extra large strawberries, 1-5/8” diameter. Twenty-four large strawberries is approximately one pound.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 2 g
Carbohydrates 7 g
Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 23 mg
Sodium 68 mg
Potassium 145 mg
Phosphorus 45 mg
Calcium 38 mg
Fiber 1.4 g
Added Sugar 2
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1/2 fruit, medium potassium
- 1 fat
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Lisa from New York.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register