Sweet Cherry Cream Pie
1/8 slice of pie
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 graham cracker pie crust, 9" size
- 21 ounces canned or bottled cherry pie filling
- Soften cream cheese. In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with a mixer.
- For the whipped cream, place bowl and beaters of a hand-mixer in freezer for 10-15 minutes. Remove bowl from freezer, put heavy cream in the bowl and beat until soft peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture.
- Pour mixture into graham cracker pie crust.
- Top with cherry pie filling.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Substitute Splenda® No Calorie Sweetener and low-sugar pie filling to reduce calories to 299 and carbohydrate to 29 grams. Count as 2 carbohydrate choices.
- For variation, use apple- or peach-pie filling instead of cherry.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Kim from Missouri.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 4 g
Carbohydrates 64 g
Fat 18 g
Cholesterol 46 mg
Sodium 232 mg
Potassium 192 mg
Phosphorus 95 mg
Calcium 72 mg
Fiber 0.9 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 1/2 fruit, low potassium
- 3 fat
- 1-1/2 high calorie
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register