Traverse City Cherry Crisp
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 20 ounces canned cherry pie filling
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose white flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Pour cherry pie filling into an ungreased 8” x 8” x 2” baking pan. Stir in almond extract.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, brown sugar (or Splenda® brown sugar blend) and cinnamon; mix well. Add butter; stir with a fork until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle mixture over pie filling.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown on top and filling is bubbly.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. If desired, top with whipped topping.
- If you have diabetes, you can reduce carbohydrate to 34 grams by substituting lite pie filling and 1/4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend instead of 1/2 cup brown sugar. Count as 2 carb choices. Alternatively you could cut the portion to 1/4 cup.
- Comstock® brand pie filling is available in regular and lite, reduced calorie.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Shelli from Michigan.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 2 g
Carbohydrates 53 g
Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 16 mg
Sodium 23 mg
Potassium 139 mg
Phosphorus 28 mg
Calcium 33 mg
Fiber 1.0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 fruit, low potassium
- 2 high calorie
- 1-1/2 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register