Zingy Spiced Pears
4 pear slices or 1/12 of recipe
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 6 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup Splenda® brown sugar blend
- 2 tablespoons crystalized ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Arrange pear slices in an 11” x 7” x 2” baking dish.
- Combine Splenda brown sugar blend, ginger, rum extract, cinnamon and allspice.
- Sprinkle brown sugar mixture over pears.
- Dot with margarine.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot or refrigerate at least 1 hour to serve chilled.
- Bartlett amd Bosc pears are the best varieties for baking.
- People without diabetes may prefer to use regular brown sugar.
- Replace allspice with pumpkin pie spice if desired.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Ilene from Maryland.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 0 g
Carbohydrates 19 g
Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 10 mg
Potassium 130 mg
Phosphorus 11 mg
Calcium 16 mg
Fiber 2.6 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 fruit, low potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register