- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1-1/2 cups celery
- 1 cup onion
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 7 slices whole wheat bread
- 8 slices white bread
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground sage
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Preheat over to 325° F.
- Chop celery and onion. Cube the bread slices.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat and sauté celery and onion, stirring frequently.
- Stir in 1/3 of the bread cubes.
- Remove from heat and place bread mixture in a deep bowl.
- Add remaining bread cubes, sage, thyme, pepper and poultry seasoning; mix well.
- Place stuffing in a greased 13” x 9” x 2” baking dish. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Boxed stuffing mix has over 500 mg sodium for a 1/2 cup serving.
- 1 cup of butter is equal to 2 sticks or 16 tablespoons. If preferred substitute trans-fat free unsalted margarine.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Kathleen from Pennsylvania.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 4 g
Carbohydrates 18 g
Fat 17 g
Cholesterol 41 mg
Sodium 182 mg
Potassium 121 mg
Phosphorus 65 mg
Calcium 71 mg
Fiber 2.0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 3 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register