Chicken and Summer Squash Bow-Tie Pasta
- CKD non-dialysis
- 6 ounces whole wheat bow-tie pasta, uncooked
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups frozen summer squash
- 1 teaspoons Mrs. Dash® Table Blend herb seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare bow-tie pasta per package instructions without adding salt. Drain.
- Dice chicken. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Add frozen squash to the skillet with chicken. Heat through.
- Add Mrs. Dash® Table Blend seasoning and salt to chicken and squash.
- Stir cooked pasta into chicken mixture. Add 1 tablespoon butter and stir until melted.
- Divide into 4 portions and sprinkle each serving with 1/2 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese before serving.
- Use fresh summer squash when in season. Cook until tender before adding to chicken.
- Salt is optional. If omitted sodium is 76 mg per serving.
- Adjust the amount of chicken for a high- or low-protein diet.
- Refrigerate leftover portions for a quick meal over the next few days or freeze for later.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Sharon from Illinois.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 20 g
Carbohydrates 34 g
Fat 12 g
Cholesterol 67 mg
Sodium 149 mg
Potassium 446 mg
Phosphorus 270 mg
Calcium 52 mg
Fiber 4.0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 2 meat
- 2 starch
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- 1 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register