Chicken and Watercress with Gratin Pasta
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 2 cups pasta spirals or shells
- 1 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup shredded, cooked chicken
- 1 cup fresh watercress
- 1-2/3 cup béchamel sauce (white sauce)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions, omitting salt.
- Meanwhile, chop the onion, garlic cloves and watercress. Heat the oil in a skillet and sauté the onion and garlic. Add the shredded chicken and watercress. Mix well and cook until the watercress is wilted.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and add the chicken mixture and half the béchamel sauce. Mix well.
- Place the mixture into a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Cover with the remaining béchamel sauce. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and bake 30 to 40 minutes until golden brown.
- Béchamel sauce is a basic white sauce.
Submitted by: The DaVita Portuguese dietitian team
Nutrients per serving
Protein 19 g
Carbohydrates 38 g
Fat 13 g
Cholesterol 55 mg
Sodium 437 mg
Potassium 337 mg
Phosphorus 248 mg
Calcium 230 mg
Fiber 2.1 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
1 vegetable, low potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
12 muffins SERVINGS
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register