- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces whole wheat linguine, uncooked
- 3/4 cup broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup cauliflower florets
- 3/4 cup baby carrots
- 16 grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon Mrs. Dash® herb seasoning blend
- Cut chicken into small strips.
- Heat pan on medium heat with 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil.
- Add chicken to pan and cook until done.
- Cook 4 ounces of linguine according to package directions.
- Cut broccoli and cauliflower to bite-size pieces.
- When chicken is cooked, add broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, tomatoes and lemon juice, cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add drained pasta to pan and then add 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil and stir.
- Add Mrs. Dash, stir and simmer on low for 5 minutes.
- Use your favorite variety of Mrs. Dash herb seasoning blend.
- Store remaining uncooked linguine or cook the whole package and use half in another recipe.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 24 g
Carbohydrates 33 g
Fat 10 g
Cholesterol 55 mg
Sodium 59 mg
Potassium 560 mg
Phosphorus 286 mg
Calcium 36 mg
Fiber 6.0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 2-1/2 meat
- 2 starch
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Beth from Iowa.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register