Creamy Pasta Primavera
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1 cup carrots
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup green onion
- 8 ounces whole wheat bow tie pasta, uncooked
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup Rice Dream® Original Classic rice drink
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Slice carrots, chop green onion, and cube cream cheese .
- Prepare pasta as directed on package (without salt). During last 5 minutes of cooking time, add broccoli and carrots to water. Drain.
- Mix cream cheese, Rice Dream®, Parmesan cheese, onion and seasonings in a large saucepan; cook on low heat until cream cheese is melted and mixture is well blended, stirring frequently.
- Add pasta and vegetables together; toss lightly and serve hot.
- For a higher protein dish add chicken or shrimp.
- Frozen broccoli and carrots can be substituted for the fresh vegetables.
- Enriched rice milk contains added phosphorus and calcium. Look for the unenriched products.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Mary from California.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 9 g
Carbohydrates 36 g
Fat 14 g
Cholesterol 43 mg
Sodium 200 mg
Potassium 277 mg
Phosphorus 175 mg
Calcium 91 mg
Fiber 4.0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 2 starch
- 1/2 vegetable, medium potassium
- 2 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register